Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Getting My Classroom Ready (Day 2)

Today was the second day that I was able to work in my classroom and I was so happy to see that they had finally cleaned my room and my carpets..... So I was able to get a lot accomplished today....

The first thing I realized was I had to redo my front boards.  I totally forgot that I had words for above the board. I already had them punched out and everything.... LOL.... Here is an updated picture of the front board with the words that I had forgot the first time....



Under the board on the left side I put the words Mathematicians "Say"... This is where I will put all the academic vocabulary words. I write the vocabulary words on sentence strips....  On the right and left sides of the whiteboard I have a lot of empty wall space.  This is where I will hang my color-coded input charts....

I had posted about my Growth Mindset Posters previously and realized when I got to my classroom that I didn't have as much space above my Promethean Board as I thought.... But my project still worked out, I just had to arrange the posters differently... Here is what they look like in my classroom.... I love them.... Way cool...


The last thing I finished was my student information board and my "In this Classroom" poster.  I am so happy with my Monday Made It poster... It looks way cool in my room... :o) The classroom door is to the right of the poster, so it is the first thing you see when you walk in my room....



Well besides that I arranged my desks and started unpacking my cabinets..... Tomorrow I plan on getting my back walls done, my other side wall, my teacher desk set up and the student supply center set up.... :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment