Sunday, September 7, 2014

Post It! PROVE It! Journey Through STRUGGLE ....


My students are in Week Two of my new Post It! PROVE It! idea.... They are getting better with their justifying but there still is a lot of work to do.  I have decided to give them sentence frames to help with the structure of their written responses.  Using the sentence frame is optional.  Some of my choose to write their own.  I am working on their responses being precise when they are explaining their reasoning.

I have also tweaked how I have my students Post It!  I have decided to use my Promethean Clickers. I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place... But I love it.... The teams work out the problem and Post their answer using the Team Clicker.  After the teams discuss their reasoning, the recorder/reporter writes the team's written response on their team whiteboard.  With the clickers I can see at a glance which teams have Posted and which teams have not.  After all of the teams have Posted, the data comes up on the flipchart.  Way cool... I love my technology..... :o)

Here are examples of this week's Post It! PROVE It! questions.




Here pictures of my students doing the Post It! PROVE It!


My journey through my new Post It! PROVE It! idea is getting better.... My students are starting to buy in a little more, but there are still some that really struggle on justifying their reasoning.... It is also taking a lot of time at the beginning of class, but I am determined to persevere because I know this is so beneficial for my students.... :o)



2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! I want to do this, too. Any suggestions on how to get started? I teach 6th, 7th, and 8th grade math classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do an updated comprehensive blog post on my "Solve It, Prove It". Check back soon... :o)

      Delete